Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catching up....

Ok the weekend is over and things can get back to normal, right like anything is normal with 3 rugrats running around!!

I had the most fantastic weekend, full of friends, laughter, food, scrapping, shopping and did I mention food?! The festivities started on Friday when I headed out to the airport to pick up Laura & Peggy, some online friends that I had the pleasure of meeting IRL for the first (and hopefully not the last) time. Once we got their baggage we headed out to The Forks for a little tourist action........then dinner & drinks with a bunch of other online buddies, including Carole, Jocelyne, Chelsea and Dari who had all travelled from far just to be here with us!!

Saturday I was up with the sun and heading out to Miami (Manitoba that is) for an all day Crop hosted by the lovely Lori of Love Is In The Details! Lori is the BEST hostess you'll ever meet, she rocks the crops.....and the kitchen, oh my the food!! So I didn't get much scrapping done in the 12hrs I was at the crop, doesn't matter....although I did get more done than I expected. Here's what I did complete from the crop challenges.....
We were given this little mini notebook to alter, not sure what I'll use it for yet.
This next one was based on a sketch given to us at the crop, I used my new Prima papers...I'm so in love with them!
This one was the real challenge, we were give 3 dollar store items that we HAD to use on our layout.....good thing I had lots of black paint handy!! The black ribbon had been white with colored flowers, but it just didn't go with the 'cool' denim patch, so both got a fresh coat of black paint.

Let's see what's going on with the family these days.....well soccer is in full swing, we're at the fields Mon thru Thurs, busy times but the kids love it! The big Z is also playing basketball for the first time this year......he's quite the little athlete that one. Oh and he lost another tooth, so right now he's missing his front two teeth........looks kind of cute like that!
Little S is totally obsessed with numbers right now, he knows them all and has to read them whether it's a licence plate or price tag. Although he is really obsessed with 99...do you have any clue how many 99's you can find at Sobey's......kept him entertained for at least an hour!! LOL
Well that's enough for tonight, I do have something else I want to share...I totally love it, but I'll save that for another post!
Ciao!


4 comments:

Julie said...

I hope to one day be able to blog about my crop experience with Lori.I love what you did with the challenges.

JulesinParadise said...

Your layouts and projects are so lovely! and congrats on your new DT position!

Laura said...

love your results from the crop...especially the must use items challenge...you rawked that by altering the items you were given to make them work...very clever!!

Scrappytbear said...

These came out so cool! LOVE it!