Saturday, June 7, 2008

80's Flash Back!

While checking out the shoes at Walmart the other night I spotted a fresh new pair of Jelly Shoes, seriously Jelly Shoes?! Any of you that grew up in the 80's will totally know what I'm talking about...those that didn't, here's a visual:


They've already brought back many of the toys I remember playing with, although redesigned and now they're bringing back the fashions! What fashion fad do you thing will come back next...these??

Ok so here are some other 80's fads I remember:

~Big Hair

~Miami Vice

~Friendship Bracelets

~Pac Man (ok all Atari games)

~Madona

~Jelly Bracelets

~Where's the Beef

~Hammer time

~'Like Oh My God' it's the Valley Girls

~Are You There God? It's Me Margaret

~Cabbage Patch Kids

~Strawberry Shortcake

~Ghost Busters

Ok really I could go on, but I won't, you can see more here. Ok now I want you to tell me, what's your favorite memory of the 80's?

That's it for a quiet Saturday night....I'll be back tomorrow with a few scrappy things!

Ciao

9 comments:

Jens Place in Space said...

OMg jelly shoes!!! all that brought back total 80s memories!

teresamatz said...

my daughters got leg warmers for christmas!!!!! they LOVE them! I see alot of 80s stuff coming back

Cindye Wile said...

LOL.....I remember those things. They always killed my heels. lol

Anonymous said...

A lot of things are coming back. I remember wearing big shoulder pads, my boys loved those pop rock candies,they also loved to watch He-Man and shera but hated Peewee Herman. lol

Pat said...

OMG!! Too funny! Jelly shoes.

Colleen said...

I can't believe you saw jelly shoes?!?! My fav memories are generally related to music since I graduated in the late 80s!

Boo said...

Ahhhhhhhhh Jelly Shoes! OMG I remember those. Always found them uncomfortable! LOL Yikes, the 80s... definitely BIG hair, bright colours: "Relax, Don't do it".... Wham, Duran Duran.... Ahhhh the 80s! LOL

Julie said...

Oh I had a pink pair of jelly shoes...LOL.We had friendship bracelets and pins that we wore on our shoelaces.Remember the fluorescent shirts with big wide belts.Oh those were the days....Stirrup pants.....YUCK!

Allison Cope said...

Jelly shoes..... awwwww... the memories! I remember them fondly! LOL!