Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sharing a Smile!

Right now work is almost at it's peak of busy season, the days are long and yet they fly by...which mostly means I don't feel like I've accomplished enough! Today was good, but something got to me right at the end of the day and I was feeling a bit stressed...and then I see that a new friend Cheryl has awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award!!!




Thank you Cheryl for bringing a smile to my face and helping me wash away the stress!!!
Now I'm suppose to list 7 things about myself....really do you actually want to read 7 things about me? LOL Ok well if you want to or not here you go...
1) After taking a 5 year break from my career to stay home and raise my children I am back on track. I've returned to the company that I invested many years of my life to...not only that I returned smack dab in the middle of our busiest time of year. Yeah ok the timing could have been better but I am happy and loving every minute of it!
2) About a month ago I came to the sudden realization while in the shower (yes I seem to do all my best thinking in the shower) that I am now closer to 40 than I am to 30. I'm really baffled by this realization because I'm not sure how I got here!
3) At one time I had an Olympic dream....I was very young and it was very far fetched, but I did dream of being an Olympic figure skater. Once I got into my teens it didn't take me long to realize that this was never going to happen, but I continued to skate for the love of it....and no I never once competed, it was all for me!
4) I am the youngest of 3 and the only girl. I believe that growing up with 2 older brothers and surviving all of their torment has made me a stronger person, I'm not afraid to stand up for myself.....part of that also comes from knowing that if I ever get in trouble those bothers of mine will be there to back me up!
5) I knew my husband, Mike, for more than a decade when we started dating. In all the years I knew him neither of us even considered the idea of us together......it came as a shock and surprise to both of us, but I'm glad we made that leap!! :)
6) As a natural redhead I am very stubborn and can be a bit hot headed at times...yes I freely admit that!!!
7) I am missing my Mom terribly right not as I always do when she disappears for the winter to enjoy a warmer climate. I'm also a extremely happy that she has a new person in her life, he treats her very well and has brought a smile to her face that I have not seen since my Dad passed away!! I'm counting the days until she's home......25 more to go!
Phew....I think that's enough about me for one post!!! I am passing on this award and the smile it gave me to my team mates from LIITD!!
These are the best women to work with, we all support each other in so many different ways!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Thanks, Lisa!! I loved reading your list, it was great!!

Cindy S. said...

yOU'RE SO SWEET! Ty ! LOved reading the tidbits about you! Will try to get to it tonight! :)