Sunday, September 5, 2010

Turn old into new...

Raise your hand if you have a ton of old unloved supplies! You know those ones you bought years ago and loved them...but never actually used them.
My hand is raised....and it's raised HIGH!!! My stash has been feeling a bit neglected lately so I dug around and decided it was time to pull out some old items and give them a 'fresh look'!
Oh Scenic Route what a fave that was when I started....I would actually buy 2 of every paper, yup beginner mistake right there. The result is I still have a fair amount of it left...and the love has faded. Here's a 'before' photo of the items I used (other than the star, which I totally forgot to use...oops).

I pulled out my Tim Holtz distress ink, distress embossing powder and had fun giving these items a 'fresh look'!!

And here's the result.....

A little close up of the embellies. I used a texture fade to emboss the brown frame, then sanded and inked it. The chipboard circle got flipped around to the raw side and embossed with some distress embossing powders.

I challenge you to pull out those old supplies and give them a new 'fresh look'! If you take on the challenge come join us at Love Is In The Details and show me what you've done....this is one of the Monthly Prize Challenges!
And if you're looking for more inspiration check out the LIITD Blog where you'll find Chelsea's September reveal......and a Surprise Crop put on by the owner herself Lori!!! Believe me you do not want to miss the Surprise Crop....Lori's creativity and challenges have blown us all away!

No comments: