Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Cleaning!!

Spring has finally decided to arrive here in Manitoba....thank goodness we're all sick of the cold & snow!

Of course with spring comes the time to do some cleaning around the house, and with the renos we're planing for this summer there's extra jobs to do.  I started with my scrap space yesterday, I want to purge & clean it up a bit before I have to pack it up while we do the basement.  Of course not everything will be packed, I'll keep out the necessities so I can keep creating while the basement is being redone!

While I'm at it I thought it was about time I did a little 'clean' or catch up in here, my poor ignored blog....so get ready for a hefty post.

Let's start with the last two posts I did over at Love Is In The Details. :)

First let's take a peek at the free demo I hosted during the Spring Crop last weekend....


Each of the ladies was given a chipboard photo frame to decorate using Inka Gold by Viva Decor.  I gave them both a feminine & masculine option.


You can see more about these over HERE.
If you weren't able to join us for the crop last weekend head over to the LIITD Blog and see Lori's post....trust me you don't want to miss it!

Having the chance to play with new products is always such a thrill, I love exploring all the different ways I can use them!  After the crop I spent some time playing with the Inka Gold a little more, I really wanted to see how it would work with Distress Inks.  

Here's a peek at the tags I made using both Inka Gold & Distress Ink for the background...


I wish you could see the shine & shimmer from the Inka Gold on the tags, it's amazing!!

 

I have to say that Inka Gold & Distress Ink work beautifully together.....so much so that I did a mini tutorial which you can see HERE.

What else have I been playing with...how about some gorgeous Prima!!!  The new Vintage Mechanicals are out of this world amazing!!


On this first layout I used both of Prima's new lines, Sunrise & Engraver..so gorgeous!


This second layout again is used the new Prima lines, and had some fun creating spatters with my Distress Stains!

Here's a closer look....

Well enough catching up in here....I'm off to enjoy my first bike ride of the season with my daughter & niece!!!

Have a great weekend, be sure to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!!




No comments: