Monday, April 21, 2008

Self Portrait

In all honesty I really don't like pictures of myself, but does anyone really? Ok so I love my wedding photos, the photographer did an excellent job. When I started my Book of Me (BOM) I really noticed that there are little to few photos of me, I'm always behind the camera. So what is a scrapper to do.......take self portraits!! Through using the mirror I have started to learn what angles I think work best for me, and just how I like my smile so the photos turn out flattering. I still can't say that I 'love' photos of myself but I am slowly getting better at accepting them.

In honor of my new glasses I did a little self portrait photo shoot today...here are a few of my favorites.

So if you feel like I do and don't like your photo taken then I think it's time for you to grab your camera and set yourself up in front of a mirror & snap away. Take tons of photos, play with angles & expressions...you just might learn something! ;0)

Ciao!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I like the last one. You look pensive.

dianna said...

So funny that you blogged about that...I was just thinking today about how my girls are going to have to rely on their memories if anything happens to me*!* The older I get, the more I can't stand my own image...I just need to get over it I guess. Your pics are GREAT (and so are your new specs!)...You've inspired me...I just might have to snap a few...

Boo said...

Great photos Lisa!! I love the last one too. I love close ups. :o) Your new glasses are nice!

I don't like photos of me either. Like you said, who does? My wedding photos are my favourite - mainly because I had my make-up done and it hid the flaws. LOL

Nicole Nowosad said...

love your new glasses!!! can you log on yet.. we msis you!!!!!

Peg said...

don't know why you don't like photos of you.... You are gorgeous!! I have always wanted red hair and a long straight nose, keep finding the angles you like and please share, we all need to share more of who we are as scrappers and people.

Peg xxx

Cindye Wile said...

Love your pics. I don't have the knack for doing this. I always hate the pics. Yours are wonderful. :)