Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall!

This weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show is distressing & sanding! I love everything distress...ink, edges, embossing powder...and at least one of these shows up on every project I make!
I found this fun crazy little tree at the dollar store and just couldn't resist it! I made a little harvest banner and sign for the base. I'll be using this little project as a decoration for a special event coming up!

For the sign I used a piece of Maya Road chipboard and embossed it with the Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder. Then I used some distress ink and distress embossing powder for color & more texture. The leaves are die cut from Core'dinations cardstock, which I crumpled and sanded. Didn't have quite the right color for the leaves so once I was done sanding I added some distress ink.

The little orange pumpkin is from a Basic Grey set from last year, it wasn't quite the right color so I embossed it with the Tim Holtz brick embossing folder, added some Spiced Marmalade distress ink and a spattering of distress embossing powder for more texture.

Yesterday was World Card Making day, I hope you all got a little crafty and made some cards! I made a couple and will be sure to post them later this week!

1 comment:

Laura said...

OMGOsh Lisa...I LOVE this!!!