Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Glitter & Shine Galore!

I know it's been a long time again but life took a turn I did not expect.  The day after my last post one of my brothers suddenly passed away.  As you can imagine it was a big shock for my family, we are sad and missing him dearly, but trying to pick up the pieces and move on.

So now I'm trying to focus on the happiness life can bring, and I think a little sparkle always helps with that!  Today I have 3 cards to share that I made for Love Is In The Details!

With my love of all things Ranger (and Tim Holtz of course) I was so excited to see that Lori had brought in the new Dry Stickles Glitter & Sticky Embossing Powder!!  For each of these cards I used the Sticky embossing Powder with my Tim Holtz stamps...yes another fun way to use my stamps!  With each card I coated the Sticky Embossing Powder with something different!

On the first card I used Ranger Dry Stickles in Star Dust & Silver to create a fun sparkly snowflake background!


Here's a little close up to show how sparkly & shiny this glitter is!


On my second card I stamped the pine needle image in opposite corners, covering the Sticky Embossing Powder with Glitter Ritz!  The sparkle is much more subtle than the Dry Stickles.


Here's another close up so you can see the shimmer of the Glitter Ritz.


On this last card I created a custom background using the Tim Holtz Wallpaper stamp, but instead of glitter I coated the background with Perfect Pearls.  I love the pearly effect!


In this close up you can just make out the pearly effect the Perfect Pearls created.


You can read more about these cards on the Love Is In The Details blog!

Thanks for the visit!

No comments: